On October 15, 2019, Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center primary care clinics received recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a NYS Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) practice at the 2017 standard, the most recent standard available.
This recognition is given to practices in NYS that meet a rigorous set of qualifications within six concept areas:
- Team-Based Care and Practice Organization
- Knowing and Managing Your Patients
- Patient-Centered Access and Continuity
- Care Management and Support
- Care Coordination and Care Transitions
- Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement
The principles of patient-centered care align with the momentum toward value-based payment, and ensuring that patients get the right care at the right time, at the right place.
This is Claxton-Hepburn’s first time receiving the NYS PCMH 2017 recognition, the NYS-specific program that is built upon the NCQA PCMH model and which was rolled out in April 2018.
All nine of its primary care clinics received this recognition, including:
- CHMC – Canton Health Center
- CHMC – Hammond Health Center
- CHMC – Heuvelton Health Center
- CHMC – Lisbon Health Center
- CHMC – Madrid Health Center
- CHMC – Ogdensburg Health Center
- CHMC – Waddington Health Center
- Claxton Medical PC – Internal Medicine
- Claxton Medical PC – Pediatrics
Since 2010, FDRHPO has assisted primary care practices in Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence Counties achieve PCMH recognition. FDRHPO’s team of Practice Transformation specialists work closely with partnering practices to navigate the recognition process, from policy formation and adoption, to workflow transformation, and formal submission for recognition.
For more information about FDRHPO’s Practice Transformation services and team, visit our Practice Transformation page. For more information about NYS PCMH, click here. To learn more about Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, visit www.claxtonhepburn.org.