Canton Rescue Squad is currently looking for experienced full-time, part-time and per-diem EMT-Bs, AEMTs, AEMT-CCs and paramedics.
Canton Rescue Squad Inc. provides emergency 911 response in the greater Canton area, and inter-facility transports from all hospitals in St. Lawrence County and other regional hospitals on a case-by-case basis, to numerous hospitals and specialty care centers within and outside of New York State.
- Report to work on time and in appropriate uniform, which we provide, with proper equipment.
- Properly care for and maintain the vehicle, including but not limited to: stocking the vehicle per 800.24 BLS NYS standards, and to the regional North Country Emergency Medical Services, (NCEMS) ALS Minimum Required Equipment Standards and Guidelines as indicated by the REMAC/REMSCO.
- Give the appropriate patient care and transportation following NYS DOH protocols, as well as Collaborative EMS Protocols.
- Must able to lift and carry 125 pounds without assistance, and 250 with assistance.
- Properly document treatment and findings on Ambulance Care Report / Patient Care Report. (ESO)
- Maintain a driver’s license valid in the state of residence and the ability to drive as per company policy and regulations.
- Follow the guidance of all supervisory and management personnel.
- Understand, follow and implement all current company policies and procedures.
- Maintain REMAC credentialing with Continuous Medical Education, and Skills Proficiency, maintain ACLS, and PALS (For AEMT-CC’s and Paramedic’s), maintain BLS Certification with ARC, AHA, maintain optional PHTLS, NRP, ATLS, as well as CCEMT-P, CC-P FP-C.
- Some additional responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the company, provided the task(s) are encompassed within the scope of one’s job description.
- Paramedic/911 EMT: 1 year (Required), 3 years preferred with (1 year of transport experience).
- High school diploma, or equivalent GED (Required)
- Preferred: AAS-Health Related Field (Paramedicine Science, Nursing, Healthcare, etc.) or BA/S-Health Related Field (Nursing, Biology, Sports Medicine, Health Education, etc.)
Required Certifications / Licenses:
- REMAC Credentialing with NCEMS at time of hire, or within 1 Month of Hire (required)
- BLS for the Health Care Provider (Required)
- ACLS (Required for AEMT-CC, and Paramedics)
- PALS (Preferred for AEMT-CC, Required for Paramedics)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- National Registry EMT (Preferred)
- PHTLS (Preferred for AEMT-CC and Paramedics)
- AMLS (Preferred for AEMT-CC and Paramedics)
Canton Rescue Squad offers attractive pay with benefits, to include: medical coverage and a retirement plan/option (for full-time employees). An offsite apartment/crew quarters are available for providers who are not local and are traveling for shifts.
All inquiries for employment are asked to e-mail Mark T. Dalton, Director of Operations, at the following address: [email protected]
Interested applicants must send a current resume/CV, letter of interest, and contact information for at least three professional references (business/company name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address). Applications will only be considered if all elements are provided and complete.
Canton Rescue Squad Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sex, race, religious preferences, lifestyle, and or ethnic background.