The Information Systems Intern is an unpaid position providing exposure to daily maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and support of FDRHPO‘s printers, laptops, PCs, and servers. The Information Systems Intern will provide direct service and support to FDRHPO end users. Additional duties will include: system patching, software updates, project work, and Office 365 management. Schedule and time frame to be determined and mutually agreed upon.
- Provide direct support for technology end users, and track resolution of their technology requests using FDRHPO’s central ticketing system
- Assist and provide support for projects on implementation, upgrade or support of new or existing software per the direction of the Director of Information Technology
- Perform daily monitoring and logging tasks as related to server, PC, antivirus, and software update policies, and remediate as directed by the Director of Information Technology
- Collaborate with various departments on their document management and workflow needs using O365
- Help the IT Team to document all core systems configurations, and all relevant passwords and system access requirements
- Assist the IT Team to backup and restore Microsoft O365 Applications, and schedule database maintenance tasks as needed
- Assist end users to troubleshoot and resolve issues with network copiers and printers, as well as stand-alone devices
- May be involved in supporting healthcare clinics, practices and other related service organizations with their technologies
- Participate in regular training activities and be active in certification training as directed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of three (3) months of IT experience or equivalent formal training is required.
Applicants working towards an associate degree from an accredited university or college with major coursework in Computer Science preferred. Experience in a diverse Microsoft environment and technical or project management certifications also preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Beginner knowledge of server systems to include Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365 administration, 2016 server, and Windows Software Update Services
- Entry-level knowledge of networking skills including wireless, firewalls, routers, switches, and access points
- Able to provide exceptional customer service to assist staff in resolving issues regarding daily technology use
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with constant interruptions
- Able to think outside the box on complex issues requiring creative problem solving
- Able to plan, develop, document, test, evaluate, implement, execute and trouble shoot new installations and problems encountered during daily operations
- Able to ensure confidentiality and integrity of company data
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively, both orally and in written form, to other members of the Agency, contractors and other various audiences
- Able to manage multiple technology vendors to ensure they are meeting our needs and expectations
- Able to plan and execute technology projects from initial conception through completion
- Able to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required
FDRHPO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.