On Wednesday, June 19th at 2 p.m., ZOLL will be hosting a free webinar titled “Do Your Own Internal Billing Audit to Help Avoid An External Review (and Reduce Denials)”.
The webinar will teach step-by-step methods you can perform to conduct your own internal audits. An internal audit will help catch under-payments, over payments and documentation errors so that legitimate revenue does not get missed. Notably, conducting internal audits is recommended by the OIG as an important step to help maintain compliance. This lively session will detail ways to mitigate errors, reduce denials and lead to improved cash flow.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Understand the purpose of internal auditing, including the opportunity to provide valuable feedback to field and billing staff
- Learn the approach to taking a random sample of claims for review
- Discuss who should conduct the internal review and the frequency of review
- Understand the difference between perspective and retrospective review and when each type of review is appropriate to perform
- Outline an approach to conduct review of new staff during their training process
- The unique audit issues that arise in emergency billing versus non-emergency billing will be addressed
To register for the webinar, click here.