Town of Watertown Ambulance Service
Job Posting 1/12/2021
In-house Specialty Billing and Debt Collector
Preface- Resumes and Applications will be accepted until the 22nd of January. They can be emailed to [email protected] or dropped off at the Squad.
The office position of Specialty Billing and Debt Collector is being created by The Town of Watertown Ambulance service to aid in collecting monies owed to this agency that have been unable to be acquired by our current third party billing company. This individual will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In cooperation with Billing Company, establish a debt listing for all Town of Watertown Ambulance delinquent accounts.
- Create and maintain working files on computer(s) on all Collection Clients.
- Make independent decisions, including follow-up on payment commitments made by customers.
- Mail solicitation letters to clients as needed.
- Make solicitation phone calls to clients.
- Makes recommendations to management on agreements relating to necessary
- Keeps systematic documentation of all (daily, weekly, monthly) collection activities.
- Functions as the primary customer contact for all collection related activities.
- Formulates collection strategies to ensure timely customer payments.
- Will provide timely response to all customers inquires.
- Make monthly report to Board of Director in ongoing collections
- Working with County Court to pursue Clients that have kept checks or that are deemed to need court hearings.
- Includes Demand Letters
- Attending Court Hearings
- Work with the Executive Director as needed to collect funds.
- Send clients that are deemed to have an unobtainable collection, to C.A.C. collections for further collections attempts by them.
- Out of Area Clients, Military, Foreign, other State, etc.
- Large Collections Amounts
- Any Collections deemed unobtainable through the Office.
- Minimum High School diploma
- Preferred experience in collections is beneficial.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal interactions with both internal/ external customers.
- Must possess strong ability to effectively communicate through written correspondence, through presentations and in all situations requiring negotiation or direct customer interface.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party ambulance billing and collections procedures is preferred.
- Must possess strong ability to create and maintain account relationships while effectively managing all past due account balances within assigned area of collection responsibility.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and/or other Spreadsheet applications.
- Job position will be paid EMT Basic Rates plus a 10% commission on all collected monies.
- Part Time position consisting of 16 hours per week, not to exceed 24 hours per week if needed.
- Supplied with Lap Top
- Supplied with cell phone
- Mileage reimbursement for Court Travels
Resumes and Applications will be accepted until the 22nd of January. They can be emailed to [email protected] or dropped off at the Squad.