We are pleased to announce that the 2022 Emergency Responder Leadership Academy will be held in-person at the Best Western Plus in Kingston, NY with a virtual option via Zoom on February 12, 2022. Please see the attached flyer and mark your calendars.
The purpose of this program series is to review today’s overall Emergency Medical Response climate and provide an educational forum for leaders in Emergency Medical Services to discuss some of the most pressing and critical issues that affect EMS systems and personnel. The 2022 Academy presentations are focused on EMS Leadership Development: Customer Service and Community Integration:
- Customer Service – Good Enough is Not Good Enough. Demanding More of Yourself and Your Service, by Dan Batsie, BA, NRP, EMS Chief, Vermont Department of Health
- Legislation and EMS, by Aidan O’Connor, Jr., NRP, FP-C, Regional Business Director, Northeast, Air Methods
- PESH and Emergency Medical Services, by John Usher, Program Manager, New York State Department of Labor, Public Employee Safety and Health (PESH)
- The Steps to Successful Succession Planning – Helping Others Step Up to Lead, by Dan Batsie, BA, NRP, EMS Chief, Vermont Department of Health
- Smoking Reefer vs. Smoking Bosses – How to Handle Weed in the Workplace, by Doug Wildermuth, BS, NREMTP, CIC, RF, PC, CEO E5 Support Services, LLC
- EMS 101 Panel Discussion, Moderated by Patty Bashaw, AEMT, CIC